Nera Saturn B enables communication for vessels via telephone, telex, data and fax, using the Inmarsat global satellite system.
- Telephone 16.2 kbps voice
- 9.6 kbps Group 3 (G3) telefax
- 9.6 kbps data communication (ASD)
- 56 or 64 kbps data communication (optional)
- 50 baud telex and STU II (optional)
- Inmarsat B
A World Leader
The Nera Saturn Bm has been a world leader for a long time. It consists of a sensor-stabilised antenna above decks and an electronics unit and its peripherals below decks, usually on the bridge of a vessel.
Nera Saturn Bm special features:
- Telephone book holding up to 99 numbers of up to 22 digits each.
- Traffic logging and access code.
- Credit card Phone and Pay Phone (Charge tone) support.
- Restricted dialling and restricted LES.
- Full safety and distress alarm facilities as specified by the IMO/SOLAS.
- Direct dialling from data equipment using ITU-T V.25bis protocol.
- GPS interface.
- Gyro interface (Step-by-step, Synchro and NMEA).
- Downloading of differential GPS information and similar broadcast information (optional).
Note that this product is at the end of its life cycle and is being widely replaced by Fleet products.