Primarily developed for smaller vessles such as the coast fishing fleet or yachts, the Nera C enables ships to automatically send their position in case of an emergency. It can also be used for other more operational purposes such as reporting harvests and positioning data or by larger merchant ships for its GMDSS an SSAS capabilities.
- Position and Polling Data Reporting
- Safety communication
- Email and two-way messaging
- SSAS and GMDSS
- Inmarsat C
The Nera C offers two-way, digital store-and-forward message handling for position reporting, polling and ship-to-ship communication.
Remote monitoring and fleet management
This makes the Nera C a low cost solution to fulfill basic messaging, tracking and security communications requirements for any type of vessel.
The Nera C is typically used for remote monitoring and, in combination with web-based tracking applications, fleet management. It is popular within the oil and gas sector and on freight services across the globe.
- Coverage: Global
- Safety: EGC receiving (SafetyNET™, FleetNET™)
Approved for use under the Global Maritime Distress and Safety System (GMDSS)
Supports Ship Security Alert Systems (SSAS)
- Message Handling:
Telex, fax (PSTN), E-mail, X.25 (PSDN), X.400 (MHS), Closed Network (DNID), Special Access Code
- Data: Polling, data reporting
- RS-232C: 1 port for EGC printer, PC
- Ethernet 10Base-T: 1 port for PC or LAN
- IEC 61162: 1 port BWC, BWR, DBT, GGA, GSV, GLL, MTW, RMA, RMB, RMC, WPL, VDR, VTG, ZDA
- Tx: 1626.5 - 1646.5 MHz
- Rx: 1530.0 - 1545.0 MHz
- Modulation: BPSK 600/1200 symbols/s
- Min. G/T: -23.7 dB/K (at elv. 5˚)
- Output power: 17 W at final amplifier
- Power Supply :
12-24 VDC, 60 W (Tx), 10 W (Rx)
Optional: PR-240 AC/DC power supply
-15˚C - +55˚C (Protected units)
-25˚C - +70˚C (Exposed units)